Aim of workshop
The aim of this workshop is to provide an opportunity for emerging researchers to explore innovative approaches to professional development and support them to take the next step in their academic career.
Over the course of one day, delegates will learn about international good practice in academic career and professional development planning for early career researchers (ECRs). This will include looking at how best practice is being applied within Nigeria.
At the end of this workshop, delegates should understand:
• The benefits of professional development as a researcher
• Professional Development Planning (PDP)
• Research cooperation for ECRs
• Making the most of mentoring and Collaboration
• Research uptake – getting research into use
• The mobile researcher in a global research environment
• How to create and own personal accounts in Academic Social Networks, to increase visibility in a global research community
• The new university website and the opportunities therein.
Schedule of workshops for different campuses
• Tuesday, 10th January, 2023 – Calabar Campus, New Education Building (NEB) Hall 1 @10.00 am
• Thursday, 12th January, 2023 – Obubra Campus, Conference Hall @1.00 pm
• Friday, 13th January, 2023 – Ogoja Campus, Auditorium @10.00 am
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER